Thursday 1 November 2012

Kapiti Island Today 1st November 2012


Kapiti Island today 6.05pm ...





We took a trip to a different part of the coast today. We are lucky enough to be 10 minutes away from the AWESOME Queen Elizabeth park. It's a pretty cool wee (big) national park with loads of different tracks (inland and coastal) for dog walking, biking, running and even horse riding.



It was another beautiful and even hot day today although this picture says otherwise! Would you believe behind the camera there was beautiful blue sky. I found it quite warm on the first half of the walk on the inland track but as we walked back along the actual beach it was a bit chilly alright!



Island fact for the day - Kapiti is currently a bird sanctuary and it has no pests.

7 comments:

  1. Hi! Stumbled upon you from Think Outside the Blog. I absolutely love the beach. I think growing up in Southern California gave me a really deep appreciation of it. Unfortunately, I don't live 10 minutes away like you do! Lucky you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I often worry about bringing my family all the way around the world from Scotland, the awesome beaches here and there accessibility to them is one of the many things that make it worthwhile!
      Thanks for stopping by x

      Delete
  2. No pests - love it!

    Popped in from An Aloha Affair blog hop.

    thriftshopcommando.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, no pests is very desirable!
      Pleased to meet you thank you for stopping by x

      Delete
  3. Anywhere where there are no pests is wonderous. I would love see that every morning while I do my stretches. Thanks for stopping by and linking up with my Empowered Living Blog hop. Hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an awesome view. Lots of great tracks/beach to run on with The Hound :)

      Delete
  4. I think I would walk for hours down that beach...

    Aloha,

    I just wanted to you to know how incredibly sweet it was to have you at An Aloha Affair last week. I hope you'll join me and our team of beautiful bloggers this week for an even bigger affair. I'll save a spot just for you...

    Cheers,
    Nicole
    localsugarhawaii.com

    ReplyDelete